Friday 4 March 2011

Alice In Wonderland

Within six months of the copyright licence expiring on Alice In Wonderland a number of people had already produced their own illustrations. So far none of them can compare with John Tenniel's original illustrations.
41.  At this the whole pack rose up ...29.  It would twist itself ...
But there are a few that have caught my eye like Arthur Rackham. I love the muted colours that have been used and how he has styled the characters differently to have Tenniel did.
Another Illustrator who's style is completely different to Tenniel and Rackham is Anne Bachelier. I love the way the use of water colour has made the illustrations look.
The other illustrator who I think has made the images his own is Rodney Matthews.
I like the composition of his pieces and the way in which he has drawn them.
On the Croquet Ground

No comments:

Post a Comment